RandoCartes — manual
When you run RandoCartes (and as long as you have an internet connection) you will see a map of Nancy in France. This is the default startup location, but you can change it in the ‘Settings’ menu.
If you click on the three little dots in the bottom right of the window, you will see all the options available to you:
Map service — allows you to choose the map service to use for displaying maps. When you click here you will see the list available. You can control which services appear here by using the ‘Services’ menu.
Enable auto-centre — allows you to set the auto-centring mode where your current position will always stay in the centre of the screen. This is useful if you are moving and don’t want to keep shifting the position of the map to see where you are.
Move map to current location — when you press on this button the map will be moved so that your current position is at its centre. If GPS is not active, or not available, no action will be taken.
Hide annotations — when you press on this button your current position, as well as any tracks currently displayed, will be hidden. This allows you to see the details on the map that they may have been hiding.
Show annotations — when you press this button your current position and the tracks that were previously hidden will be redisplayed.
Start tracking — when you press this button the application will start tracking your movements and displaying them as a blue line on the map. This will continue even if you change to another application or put your device to sleep.
Stop tracking — this button, which is only available when tracking, will stop the tracking and the blue line will be removed from the map. If you have moved during the tracking period, the track will be saved under the ‘Trails’ menu item with the current date and time.
Trails — pressing this button takes you to the trails management screen where you can:
- display trails on the map
- rename trails
- delete trails
- export trails as GPX files
- import trails from GPX files
Services — pressing this button takes you to the services management screen where you can:
- indicate if a service should appear in the ‘Map service’ menu.
- indicate if you wish to save the maps of each service to the local device so that they are available when no internet connection is present. Once you have activated this option each map tile that is shown on the map will be saved locally.
- delete locally saved map tiles
- indicate your subscription key for the IGN map service
Settings — pressing this button takes you to the settings screen where you can:
- choose which map service is used by default when you start the application
- save the current position as the position to display when you start the application
- choose the language you want to use in the application
About — this button displays details about the application and how to contact its author.